In protecting your privacy rights, The Flag Shop:
- Strives to safeguard people's information from unauthorized access.
- Promises to maintain the confidentiality of personally identifiable information and not provide it to others without your explicit permission for specific purposes (such as having a third party send you information or ship you a book or product).
- Honours requests from users and customers for providing any personally identifiable information the company has about them.
- Honours people's requests to remove their names from our e-mail or mailing lists.
- Strives to keep customer records current and accurate.
- Promises to keep you informed about what we do with personally identifiable information, and we promise to advise you by promptly modifying this notice if we change our policy.
Information Collection and Use
The Flag Shop is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
We request information from the user on our order form. Here a user must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and e-mail address.
This web site takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the web site, your information is protected both online and offline.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just ‘surfing’.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Notification of Changes